Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Unplugged

                       
"It is so true! that jungle that we create for ourselves can be very tricky to get out of sometimes. We need to teach this stuff to our children when they are YOUNG so that their jungles don't grow so thick and dense."

This comment was recently left on one of my post by Dawn of Today and Everyday. It is one of the things that got me thinking about what I started this blog for. What are my dreams for our little farm and what am I doing to accomplish that. Well to put it simply I want it to be a place to get unplugged. I want to create an environment where kids can come, connect with nature, and just BE. There is so much stimulation in the world today and things that desensitize kids to the point they feel little empathy, compassion, or connection with life. I want a place where they can come and get their hands in the dirt, plant seeds, and watch life grow from the care they give it. I want them to know where there food comes from and what the body was designed to eat. A place where they can feed chickens and gather eggs, taste honey straight from the hive, learn the importance of all life and how it is interconnected and dependent on one another. Learn to respect nature not fear and destroy it. I would like them to have the opportunity to groom and care for the horses to see what they need as well as enjoying riding them. I want them to play around the pond, float in the canoe watching the clouds drift by overhead, and interact with the frogs and other life that reside there. I want them to swing beneath the Live Oaks and dance freely under the sun. I want to give them a place to sit quietly, listen to their thoughts, and learn to understand their emotions. I want a place for kids to learn to self regulate in any situation, to observe and respond rather than judge and react. Hopefully our little farm will become a place that in some small way helps kids journey through life without creating jungles.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Maria! I can feel the passion and your heart in every desire you are stating here and I am welling up with the energy that you are generating for all of those who don't even know what is a head for them!!

    This is just the most fantastic statement of intent that I have seen. And what a gift to give all those young ones in the world. Ah. To be young and have such a place to retreat too and learn from. You are all inspiration and I love you!!

    (cool photo, too boot)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo look at me signing in with my old blogger account. Hmm, that is weird.
    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nirvana! It sounds like a Great Vision and Dream!

    ReplyDelete