Friday, November 28, 2008

It Depends On How You Look At It

Can there be a better holiday than one for celebrating what we are thankful for. A time for family and friends and acknowledging what we have, not dwelling on what we do not. Like the Rolling Stones songs says, "You can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes you just might find you get what you need". The quality of life often depends on how you look at it. Here is a portion of an e-mail from a friend that reminded me of just that point.
I am thankful
For a lawn that needs mowing
windows that need cleaning
and gutters that need fixing
because it means I have a home
For the taxes I pay
because it means I am employed
For the pile of laundry and ironing
because it means I have clothes to wear
For the mess to clean after a party
because it means I have been surrounded by friends
For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours
because it means I am alive

The e-mail ended with Live well, Laugh often and Love with all your heart, what better to wish for than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment