Friday, May 22, 2009

Family Fun

Hmmm, I've been at a loss for words. OK, all those who know me can get up from rolling on the floor with laughter now. I have lots going on but just no words to put on paper, plus you just wonder sometimes how it could possibly interest anyone else. I will say we had a great time with the family visit last weekend, enjoying loads of fun, love, laughter and of course food. I think I did alright for someone who's claim to fame doesn't include any hostessing skills. We visited and the ladies rode the horses while my nephew hung out with my husband. Everyone thanked him for entertaining Sammy, but I wondered who was really entertaining who? I am still reaping one of the benefits from their male bonding, they made us a tree swing which I have enjoyed all week, yeah.


The top picture was taken by my step-sister Lynne. What a special moment she captured with my sweetheart C C and my niece Hannah. The last picture was taken by my daughter Kristin, she got a lot of great photos for me that day so I could visit and play a little.

Before I leave I do want to pass on the recipe for pies I made, they were a big hit. I give thanks to Willow over at Willow Manor and if you don't read her blog here is the link for the pies. Yummy and so easy, that part is important for me :).

Also I would like to wish everyone a Happy and Safe Memorial Day Weekend and more importantly thank all those who serve or have served in our military forces.

9 comments:

  1. I love that you were able to visit and play and not be the photographer...gave you an opportunity to be "in" the mix! Looks like some wonderful bonding was going on and lots of relaxation!! Off to check out the pie recipes (I love me some good pie!)...we had our long weekend last weekend here in Canada...wishing you a safe and very happy long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I have lots going on, but I'm dry in the writing department...

    I'm off to work today. Feel bad for me. ;o) Enjoy your long weekend and your swing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such sweet shots - looks like a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear you enjoyed the pies! :D

    Hope the rest of your holiday weekend is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice that you have such great photographers at your disposal. I love to see the family fun that people have on weekends and during vacations. I have to check out those pies!
    Peace~
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely family time these pictures speak so eloquently of, thank you for sharing them! :-)

    May your weekend be a lovely one,
    with lots of swing time too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a wonderful w/e w/ your family. You're right about that top photo -- it's a such a lovely, peaceful moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos of the family...they seem like very warm and peaceful moments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you say 'plus you just wonder sometimes how it could possibly interest anyone else'
    honestly simple days are the most interesting to me and can have the deepest meaning...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete