Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Size Is Relevant

Five acres seems hardly enough when you are trying to provide grazing and exercise/play area for 2 1/2 horses*. Five acres is too much when you are trying to find a bull headed bull dog who has run into the woods hot on the trail of his favorite delight, deer poop. "Ain't I beautiful and I smell so good too, it's doggy cologne".

* 1/2 may be an exaggeration, donkeys don't need much .... maybe 1/4 is closer.

This is a recent picture, those are Live Oak leaves on the ground. As I said in my post The Majestic Live Oak, they shed in the spring.

7 comments:

  1. Why do dogs roll around in stuff like that? What is that behavior about? Does anyone know? Are they trying to hide their own scent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you pulled me in with the title!! I admit it! :)

    What a beautiful, beautiful dog...smelly and poopy cologned or not...simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know...he looks pretty innocent, but then I'm easily fooled.

    I didn't know that about Oak trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bulldog looks like a prince, and doesn't he look so satisfied and tired-out! Yes, sometimes one's property seems much too large for some things and much too small for others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) ahhh the joys of owning dogs....I have yet to figure out why one will lick the other for hours if I would let him. UGH - dog scented wet fur

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can see he's had a good run of it too Maria!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!!! That is too funny ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete