Friday, January 1, 2010

Enthusiasm

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm" Henry David Thoreau

As I sat today watching the rain fall yet again, I found my enthusiasm running low on this the first day of the new year. As the drops sent ripples across the pond I thought of one of my own post, Exchanging Energy. Rereading it and Dawn's post about Joy reminded me that finding my enthusiasm is not something I should do just for myself but for all those I encounter along my journey. Now this isn't to say that I should always be Ms. Perky but I do hope to maintain an awareness of how I'm effecting those around me. The path to peace and happiness in the world is created by each individual finding it in themselves.

6 comments:

  1. that is a good way to see the lesson. I like that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good attitude! I hope you are feeling better this evening. Happy New Year Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely!
    Rainy weekends are perfect times to really let yourself have down time to reboot that energy supply we are so dependent upon. I love the idea of sharing Energy with others around us. . it makes the sense of community and oneness so much more meaningful
    Peace~
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful thoughts Maria. An awakening of sorts and an awareness of yourself and how you fit into the world. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen. I've been experiencing a low energy ebb lately. Before I get down on myself though, I remind myself that it's fairly typical state for me during the winter months. It does require constant vigilance to maintain a positive attitude, though.

    ReplyDelete