Friday, January 2, 2009

Best Wishes for 2009 !

We celebrated the first day of the year in our traditional southern way, having black eyed peas and collards with dinner. I have never been much for cooking, so the exciting new twist this year was that I made the entire southern meal from scratch. Also new, I sauteed the collards in olive oil rather than cooking with fat back. Thanks to all who recommended this, yum. We had a bonfire, played some games, and enjoyed the other American tradition of watching football. The best part of the tradition was starting the new year with family, sharing laughs and lots of love.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maria,

    I'm doing some late night writing and Internet surfing and saw on the IK online community that it's your birthday tomorrow - then saw on your profile that you have a blog so figured I'd check it out. Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed the visit and best wishes for a great birthday tomorrow. Warmly, Susan

    ReplyDelete