Saturday, January 31, 2009

Rebel


How do you describe any animal in words? They each have a unique presence that needs to be experienced and felt to even come close to understanding who they are. Rebel especially, it's hard to find the words to describe his soul.

I love connections and knowing the history of things and that is one of Rebel's qualities. My uncle bred Appaloosa's and owned his grandparents. My dad acquired one of their fillies and later bred her for us to have Rebel. I cherish that I have had the honor of riding his grandmother and his mother before him. My dad picked a small, docile paint to be Rebel's sire, wanting a small quiet horse for his granddaughters. Funny thing genetics, haven't seen much of the docile little paint in him, seems to have taken more after his grandfather who was quite large and intimidating at times. Although his spirit inspired many a curse word in the early years, now it inspires the soul. He was born to run and run he can. My husband has commented he would have been a great pony express horse because of his stamina and speed. If I were to visualize him anywhere else it would be leading a herd of horses across a prairie or better yet racing across the ground underneath a great warrior. What makes his essence so powerful is that his spirit is coupled with such a big heart. He may give novice adults a hard time, but melts into the most caring and concerned of horses if a child is on his back. Rebel has been one of my greatest teachers and therapist. He has helped (forced) me learn more about myself and the energy I project. A horse is a mirror of the person handling him, and the energy I projected at that time in my life had much to do with any earlier issues. That was the past and here we are now and I can not think of a more intelligent, compassionate and magical horse and it is an honor to have him as part of our family.

4 comments:

  1. lovely horse! Isn't comforting to fully know a horses history? It helps us understand them so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These posts are so interesting! What a special experience it must be to have known Rebel's family and history. It's fun looking at the pictures too. Thanks for sharing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for asking Sheila and giving me the idea to do this, it was interesting to relive the journey that I've taken with Rebel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebel sounds like a wonderful blessing, as all animals are. The whole energy feedback thing, is soo true.

    ReplyDelete