Monday, January 12, 2009

True Voice

My favorite bird is the Mockingbird, a bird of many voices and constant song. There are many majestic and colorful birds, but none I find as intriguing. The next time one is near, stop and truly listen to his song. Like the Mockingbird, we have many voices. There is one for work, one for home, one for friends and so on. We change and blend as we move through our day and interact in different segments of society. I sometimes wonder though, as I sit and listen to his repertoire, which is his true voice hidden there within his song, or has he lost it in his desire to sound like others.

The picture above was taken from http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/

1 comment:

  1. This is a very nice blog you've created here Maria. I'm very inspired by your words.

    ReplyDelete