Saturday, January 3, 2009

Where's Your Focus

I have recently taken up bowling and for all you avid bowlers please excuse me if I butcher any terminology. With my first few attempts there seemed to be no rhyme or reason for where the ball went. I lined up with the pins, picked the balls destination, and let her go, yet it always seemed to choose it's own path. I was then given the tip to line up with the arrows on the lane and this proved somewhat better. It still went right one time then left the next, but I was staying out of the gutter more. I then realized the trouble originated in my wrist. Now when I approach the lane I acknowledge the pins (my goal), address the arrows (survey my path to my goal), but before I release the ball I bring my focus back to my hand and wrist (the beginning - where I am at that moment).

No comments:

Post a Comment