Monday, January 5, 2009

A Child's Imagination

One of the greatest gifts I can think of is to be blessed with a child's imagination. I work in new residential construction, and today I had a walk through with a client to finalize paint colors. Her four year old son was with her, and I felt blessed to be witness to the magic of his wonder. Every nook and cranny was a door to another world, and a stack of bricks became a castle. What a wonderful movie that must have been playing inside his mind. Why does it ever need to stop? What happened to the days of a tree limb being a galloping stallion or a simple box being a fort, race car, or sailing ship? Today I would challenge you to pick up a stick or rock and see what your mind can transform it into, make a mud pie or, body willing, climb a tree.
http://www.medieval-castles.org/pictures/fairytale_like_castle.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment